Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Driven

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. I've just been too exhausted when I get home from work -- the traffic seems to get worse every day! It's just not right for it to take 2 hours to go 38 miles when it's not raining. And did I mention my Jeep has standard transmission? That's right -- foot on the clutch for two hours straight. Much as I hate to admit it, my next car will have to be an automatic. I've never owned an automatic. It's a thing of pride to be able to drive a stick! I remember when I bought my Jeep Cherokee, I told the dealer that I wanted manual transmission. He looked at me like I was high! I guess not too many women ask for that, huh? But after all these years of driving in LA, my knee just can't take it anymore, so I'll have to swallow my pride and go for the automatic. Sigh.

I really love my Jeep. It's a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport, the first car I ever bought new. It's been a great vehicle. It's driven to New Mexico (twice), Utah, Northern California (many times), and Lake Tahoe. It's great for two adults and three kids, and boy can I shove a lot of gear in the back! Did I mention it's got over 253,000 miles on it? Unfortunately, it's starting to need major repairs to keep it running, and I'm not going to be able to keep it much longer. Sparky's gonna have to put out to pasture someday soon.

They don't make Jeep Cherokees anymore.

So now I have to find a replacement that's something totally different, yet still fits five adults (three of them used to be the aforementioned kids) and lots of gear, with automatic transmission, good gas mileage and affordable payments. After doing some comparisons, and checking out Elfkat's new baby, we've settled on a PT Cruiser. I'm just praying Sparky holds up until we can come up with the deposit.

Poor Sparky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home