Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fun and Games

Wow, what a rough couple of weeks. I've been working much more than I usually do, trying to catch up on some things, and my body is protesting. It's been all I can do to eat and spend a little quality time with my family before I fall into bed and do it all over again the next day. This coming week looks about the same... But for now, it's a three-day weekend!

So yesterday, we met Elfkat and Ali and their cousin at the Scottish Highland Games. The weather was cool and cloudy, which was a big help out there! We got there in time for the Opening Ceremonies, the entry of the Color Guard and the Massed Bands. The sound of hundreds of pipers and drummers is something that just stirs my blood, especially "Scotland the Brave". And then there was the soloist, Alex Beaton, singing "Flower of Scotland" -- what a beautiful song!

We did some shopping, and some visiting with friends, but we only ended up staying about 3 1/2 hours because we couldn't find any vegetarian food, and I was starving. Apparently, a vegetarian Scot is at the least an oxymoron and at the worst, anathema.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home