Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Commencement Speaker


This picture was taken Saturday morning at my daughter's university-wide graduation ceremony. That's Shellynne at the center podium, speaking on behalf of the graduating students. She processed in and was seated with the Presidential Party, and sat on the dais throughout the ceremony. She is wearing her Delta Sigma Theta stole (she was the sorority president this year) and her Alana stole (awarded for her involvement with the Alana Center - African, Latino, Asian and Native American students). Earlier in the ceremony she was presented with the Outstanding Student Leader Award, the only student award presented at commencement. C-SPAN filmed the graduation for later airing, and as soon as I get the details on that, I will post it here so you can listen to her speech.

Yes, I cried. I am very proud of her and my heart is full.

If you click on the picture, you will get a larger picture and you can zoom in on Shellynne.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Shellynne! and hooray for Nicole since I tried to leave a comment before and it wouldn't let me, rassafrassa!

I'm so proud of them
elfkat

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mary said...

She is an amazing young woman...I am so proud of her and honored to know her. She has real presence too. When she was speaking (at either Graduation) the place was completely hers. Congratulations Shellynne and to you too!!!

All my love

Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home