Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Changes

I've been getting on other people's cases cuz they haven't blogged for a while. I know they're still alive, because I've seen them and/or spoken with them. Meanwhile, I realized that I hadn't posted anything for over a week now.

We've been trying to organize the place a little, sorting through and getting rid of some things, rearranging, cleaning corners that haven't seen a vacuum in a while. We've also been looking at getting a new computer desk to replace the ugly hand-me-down desk that has become a black hole in the corner. It's all a long-term project, but at least some areas are starting to feel and look a a little better. The project has to be done by the end of October, since we are supposed to get new carpeting in November. Preparing to carpet a furnished apartment isn't much different from packing to move, but this carpet is so old the seams are separating and the edges are fraying.

The oldest child is getting ready to go back up north to college for her senior year. The middle child is getting ready to start his freshman year at a local university. The youngest will be starting her senior year in high school. I just keep shaking my head in disbelief. There were many times over the years when I thought they would NEVER grow up. They have all turned out to be wonderful, independent, creative young adults. Thank you, Goddess. I have been very fortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home