Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

21

It's hard to believe, but my oldest child, Shellynne, is 21 today.

I remember the day she was born. I remember walking the halls of the hospital while in labor, trying to hurry things along a bit. I remember hearing her cry for the first time. I remember they brought us a nice dinner and champagne after she was born to celebrate. I remember telling the nun what her name would be, and that poor nun trying to find a patron saint for the name "Shellynne". LOL

When we were ready to go home, the nursery staff brought Shellynne to me in a red stocking - an early Christmas present, they said. Indeed she was! A Solstice baby, to be sure.

Happy Birthday, Shellynne!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She never did find a patron saint I guess since I'm stuck with Dennis. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Bansagart said...

Actually, she thought you could have two: Michelle and Anne. And hey, who else is stuck with Dennis????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home