Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving Recap

Ok, I admit it - I ate too much yesterday. Dinner was at 3pm and it is now 8am the next day and I still feel like I just ate! I didn't think the amount of food I put on my plate was unreasonable - but maybe I'd eaten too many carrot sticks. My sister-in-law, Stacy, brought her now-traditional pumpkin soup for the first course. Then I had my Tofurky with stuffing, mashed potatoes with Tofurky gravy, the sweet potatoes my wonderful wife made, cranberry jello, and a couple of the Tofurky-supplied dumplings. (Ugh. I could not get those dumplings to cook right - I ate a few bites and tossed out the rest.) I couldn't even finish what was on my plate. Around 6pm I finally gave in a took a very small sliver of Stacy's pumpkin pie - a big mistake - I had to go outside and take a walk to try to get my overstuffed stomach moving.

It was a pretty quiet day, though. Just me and Mary, my mom and dad, my brother Tim, his wife Stacy and their two boys. My brother Andy slept through the entire thing, and my brother Mark is stuck down in south Texas. We did talk to Mark on the phone, briefly. We did a lot of reminiscing about camping trips when we were growing up, about older family members, and Thanksgivings gone by. When we got home, I called the kids at their dad's house and Mary and I talked to each of them for a few minutes.

I'm working tonight from 6pm to midnight. That'll be interesting, since I'm usually in bed asleep around 10pm. It was the only shift left available for today, and I just couldn't pass up the holiday pay. Hopefully it will be quiet.

Shellynne is coming over tomorrow so we can spend some time with her before she goes back up to school for the rest of the semester. Yeah!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home