Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Boxes

We started boxing up our belongings in late September, because we were told by the landlord that we would be getting new carpeting in October. I've been in this apartment for 10 1/2 years, and the carpet wasn't new when I moved in. The seams have long since separated, the pad has disappeared, and every couple of months I get to hammer carpet tacks down after slicing a heel.

Then in October, there was a delay, and it wasn't until the end of November that we got it rescheduled for January. Here it is, January, and we have had boxes all over the living room for 4 months. Our videos are in boxes. All my books are in boxes. (Say it ain't so!) All my office supplies are in boxes. (What was I thinking????? I still need an envelope once in a while!) Not to mention that since October, we have had no friends over, no parties, no meetings, no Yule tree - too many boxes!

Finally, on Thursday we met with the carpet people, and they are coming to measure on Tuesday, which means they will (hopefully) start with the linoleum on Thursday or Friday. The carpet has to be ordered, but it should be in around the same time. So now, we have to finish packing things into boxes. And since I work all week, it's got to be done in the next two days. All the breakable stuff, of course, which will require wrapping.

Several times over the last few months, I've threatened to move. We're already packed, right? But considering we don't have a place to move to, I guess we'll settle for the new carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home