Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Monday, February 26, 2007

And the winner is...


I haven't watched the Oscars in years. I don't fawn over celebrities. They're people just like the rest of us. I haven't even seen any of the films that were nominated this year.

However, I love Ellen Degeneres.

Melissa Etheridge was up for best original song.

Her wife Tammy Lynn Michaels was blogging about the upcoming "office party" and what she was wearing.

So the wife and I watched.
All 6.5 hours, starting with the arrival coverage.
Sigh.

Melissa and Tammy looked great.
Ellen was good, but not great.
Al Gore was fabulously funny!
Forest Whitaker gave the best acceptance speech I think I've ever heard.
When Melissa won for Best Original Song, she kissed Tammy on camera - in front of however many millions of people were watching around the world!

Congratulations to all the winners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home