Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

A List

1. The phone rings. Who are you hoping it is? If it's my cell phone, I'm hoping it's my wifey. If it's the home phone, I'm hoping it's a wrong number, cuz I'm sick of "telephone surveys". Did you know non-profits are exempt from the DoNotCall list? Sigh.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Yes, I do. I get annoyed when I get to the cart corral and there aren't any trolleys in there cuz they're scattered all over the lot. If I leave it in the right place for the next person, I'm lowering the in-store annoyance quotient.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? I'm definitely more of a listener, unless it's a small group and I know everybody. Or unless I've had a couple of drinks... then I can tend to babble.
4. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? I guess I would have to adjust from being a vegetarian and suffer the consequences, but I could probably survive for a little while, depending on the location, the weather, and whether or not I was injured.
5. Do you like to ride horses? I love to ride! I always have. Unfortunately I've never owned a horse, so I rarely get to ride. I won't ride trail horses anymore, as a rule, cuz they're running on remote control. The last time I went riding was on a mesa in New Mexico, and I had a blast going for a gallop across the sand.
6. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yep, went to Girl Scout Camp (Horseback Riding) twice. Learned a lot and had a great time.
7. What was your favorite board game as a kid? I'd have to say either Sorry or Parcheesi. Monopoly just took too damn long. We usually opted for card games over board games, though.
8. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was taken what would you do? I'm not interested in anyone who is cheating, and I'm not cut out for polyamory. Besides, I'm married! The "sexy" thing has never impressed me. I'd probably tell her to go home, or go find a therapist.
9. Are you judgmental? I try not to be. I think I've succeeded at that, unless I'm driving on the freeway, in which case all bets are off.
10. Would you date someone with different religious beliefs? I have before. It can make things difficult when you're as involved as I am in a "non-mainstream" religion. I feel that a relationship has a spiritual level as well, and you need to be on the same page. If the spiritual understanding meshes, the "religion" doesn't matter.
11. Are you continuing your education? I am constantly learning new things. That doesn't mean I have to be taking formal classes. I'm an active participant in the Earth School.
12. Do you know how to shoot a gun? No. Never had any interest in learning.
13. If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you'd grab? The cats.
14. How often do you read books? Constantly.
15. Do you think more about the past, present or future? The future. I worry about paying bills that are coming due. I dream about moving to the woods and getting out of the city.
16. What is your favorite children's book? The Chronicles of Narnia.
17. How tall are you? 5'3"
18. Where is your ideal house located? In the northwest woods, far enough from civilization to see deer in the yard, close enough to run into town for a Toffee Nut Latte.
19. Last person you talked to? My wife.
20. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? It's been a few months - I think it was for my youngest daughter's 17th birthday in October.
21. What are your keys on your key chain for? The cars and the house.
22. What did you do last night? Watched tv and played on the computer. We were exhausted after being at the Highland Games on the Queen Mary yesterday. It was very hot and humid, and we were pretty wiped out.
23. Where is your current pain at [sic]? Mostly my neck, but also my lower back.
24. Do you like mustard? Brown mustard, yes.
25. Do you like your mom or dad? I like them both.
26. How long does it take you in the shower? About 10 to 15 minutes.
27. What movie do you want to see right now? I still want to see "An Inconvenient Truth" - it's on our Netflix list. Other than that, I'm waiting for the next Harry Potter movie.
28. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats? Why in the world would I do that?
29. What did you do for New Year's? We were up in the northwest woods, with a wood fire, watching "Pirates of the Caribbean II". I fell asleep around 10:30 pm and the wife had to wake me up at midnight for the Martinelli's toast.
30. Do you think The Grudge was scary? Never saw it. What is it?
31. Do you own a camera phone? No.
32. What's the last letter of your middle name? E.
33. Who did you vote for on American Idol? I'm proud to say I've never seen it. Don't intend to.

Thiefed from Sapphique

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home