Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Crack

Finally, the new carpet and linoleum are attached to the floors! It all looks great; we are very happy with the way it turned out.

Now comes the UNpacking part of the saga.

We've rearranged the living room furniture and are now digging through stacks of boxes, looking for all the CDs, DVDs and videotapes, and BOOKS so they can make their way to their new homes.

It took me 24 hours to find the box that had been packed at the last minute and was supposed to be opened first. It's the box with the bills that need to be paid today. So much for unpacking it first. But I did finally find it!

I was the first casualty of the unpacking saga. Last night I was unpacking a large box of clothing. You see, our dresser is a heavy wood (not presswood) whose drawers are not removable. I had unpacked about 2/3 of the dresser to lighten up the weight so it could be moved. There I am, putting t-shirts and sweaters back in the drawers, minding my own business. I stood up and turned and promptly smacked my forehead on the wooden hoop of a large mandala that normally resides on the wall. I saw black and then stars, and heard the wife call in "What was that?!?" I was ushered to the couch with a bag of ice on my forehead. I hit it pretty good. While I didn't get nauseous or dizzy, my head did feel very heavy. The wife kept checking my pupils. I think I probably managed to give myself a mild concussion. I've got a nice red welt in the middle of my forehead. Fortunately, the indentured servants were still here to move furniture and boxes for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home