Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday Spirit, where are you?

It's been pretty hectic the last couple of weeks, trying to get everything ready for Solstice and Christmas. Baking (thanks, Wifey!), filling orders, standing in line at the post office, shopping, wrapping, rituals, and oh yeah, working too. When I finally had a chance to go and get a tree last night, everyone was sold out! Sigh.... I really love having a real tree -- the fragrances fill the house and the lights play on the ceiling and the ornaments sparkle, and you have to run and catch it every 5 minutes because the cat is climbing up the trunk! Maybe we can spritz a little pine essential oil in the air...

I've had a harder time than usual getting into the "holiday spirit" this year. Is it because there's no tree in the living room? because I'm so tired? or perhaps because it's been 85 degrees here all week? Maybe I'll catch a little of it later today. We're picking up the kids from their dad's around noon, then heading off to my parents' home where there will be food, a tree, presents, and small children who still get so excited about Santa (my kids are WAY beyond that age). Then tomorrow, we'll take the kids back to their dad's in the morning and head to the beach for the annual Christmas day beachwalk ritual. I started that tradition about 8 or 9 years ago. The beach is pretty deserted on Christmas morning! In the afternoon, we're going to a friend's home for Reiki and nosh, a good way to spend the day.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Happy Yule, my Love....The Best is yet to be!!

I'm looking forward to that walk tomorrow morning!

All my love,

Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home