Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Night Out

About a month ago, we made dinner plans with Jeni and Tee, because our calendars are all so full that it took us a month to find a night when we could all get together!

After a flurry of emails confirming the time and location of this dinner engagement, they drove up in Tee's new toy . Mary and I climbed into the back seat of the convertible and off we went. It was only a block or two before I realized that I should have put my hair up for the ride. What a mop! Luckily, the restaurant is less than a mile away. Tee snagged one of the closest parking spaces, so we didn't have far to walk in an area notorious for its shortage of available parking spaces.

Star of Siam
has been around for a long time. I've been eating there for nearly 10 years, although I call for delivery more often than I actually walk in and sit down at a table. They have the best Thai food I've ever found, and lots of vegetarian/vegan options. The restaurant is cozy, the service friendly, the food fantastic, and the patio garden makes for a cool and more secluded dining experience. The restaurant is very popular with the local BGLT community.

Last night, after protracted negotiations surrounding various dietary restrictions, we settled on Tofu Pad Thai, Stir-Fried Vegetables, Garlic Chicken, Garlic Squid, Ga-pao Mint Leaves with Chicken, and Brown Rice. I skipped the chicken dishes, of course. But, Yummmmmeeeee!

It was nice to spend some time talking to Tee and Jeni. We ended up talking a lot about Seattle, since they'll be going up next month, and Mary has promised to send them an itinerary of "must-sees". I had a great time, and I hope everyone else did too! Where shall we eat next time, girls?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home