Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Friday, March 16, 2007

So much for TGIF

About a month ago, I got a jury summons in the mail.

Sigh.

I went to my manager and then my supervisor, trying to get the required information. Does my employer pay me for jury duty? Yes, but only for 6 hours a day. How many days does my employer pay for jury duty? Unlimited.

Unlimited??????? Shit.

I called in and registered, and made a note to myself to call in the weekend before.

So last Saturday, I called in: "You do not need to report for jury duty on Monday."

Yeah!!!!

Monday night, I called in: "You do not need to report for jury duty on Tuesday."

"You do not need to report for jury duty on Wednesday."

"You do not need to report for jury duty on Thursday."

At this point, if memory serves me, I should be free and clear. But no, "please call back on Thursday."

Last night, I dialed the number, put in my id and pin, "Please report for jury duty tomorrow, Friday."

WTF? Who calls a jury pool on Friday?

Now I'm annoyed and irritated. This means they've gone through the whole week's jury pool and haven't come up with enough jurors for this week's docket. There must be some hella cases going on.

I'm packing up my book (Sarum, by Edward Rutherford, a nice BIG book), a few crossword puzzles, and a big bag of jelly bellies and heading to the courthouse today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home