Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

What's the buzz?

Another week come and gone.

I feel like I've been running non-stop for three weeks, without a day off! Oh wait, I have. This is the first weekend I've had in a long time where I don't have to "do" anything. Well, I mean, I've got to do paperwork and make a couple phone calls and do laundry, but we're not going anywhere more than 3 miles away, and we don't have people coming over. I can do things on my own schedule and let my body dictate how much it can handle at once. What a concept!

The one thing definitely on the agenda this weekend: Do Not Go Anywhere Near Downtown Long Beach!!!!!! Why, you might ask? Why, that's because this weekend is the Long Beach Grand Prix! Streets are blocked off, drunks are staggering on the sidewalks, and every restaurant, bar and coffee house for miles has a three-hour wait for a seat. We can hear the buzzing of cars whirring around the track from our home a mile away, and I know for a fact people THREE miles away from ground zero can hear it as well. It's good for the city economy, but it's one of the few things I really hate about living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home