Tripping Through the Enchanted Forest

Ramblings on the winding path.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Toto, I think we're in Kansas

Yesterday morning was beautiful and clear. As I drove to work, I wondered, "What happened to that storm that was supposed to come through on Monday night?" No clouds, no rain, nothin'. At my mid-morning break, I sat in the sun to warm up (our building can get pretty cold inside). During my lunch break, I headed outside and sat down on a bench to read. The clouds had come in, but most of the darkness was over the foothills a couple of miles away. It had gotten cold. A drop of water hit the middle of my page. Next thing I knew, it was raining! so I got up and stood under a nearby tree, thinking, "this too shall pass" because you know it never rains here! Then, the wind kicked up. Did it ever! I gave up and went back in the building; you could hear the wind howling outside. It tore branches off of trees, blew people nearly over, and broke the top off of at least one palm tree that I saw. The drive home several hours later was challenging, since the wind was still blowing pretty hard, and the semi drivers don't know when to stay off the roads!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home